Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Corner Bistro

Ok,today I made Greek Shrimp and Linguine for dinner. although I am getting this from one of rachaels books, i actually remember watching this show when it aired and it looked fantastic when she made it, so i looked forward to trying this out myself.


Ingredients

1 pound linguine

Salt

1 pound medium to large shrimp deveined and peeled

Pepper to taste

1/3 cup evoo

4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

Couple pinches red pepper flakes

1/2 lemon, zested and juiced

2 sprigs oregano, finely chopped

Handful pitted kalamata olives, chopped

1/2 cup white wine

1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

1 cup feta cheese in crumbles


Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.

While the pasta water comes to a boil, heat evoo in a deep skillet with garlic. When garlic is brown, remove and reserve. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, lemon zest, oregano, olives, and wine and cook together a couple of minutes more. Remove from heat. Add a cup of starchy pasta cooking water to sauce and some lemon juice. Remove the sauce from the heat. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Let pasta soak in juices for a minute then toss with parsley and feta. Use tongs to pull pasta from skillet, giving it a turn to twist in as many ingredients as possible. Then, use the tongs to remove and arrange the shrimp and ingredients that may remain in the pan, distributing them evenly among the portions.

The verdict.............this is a really tasty dish that really does bring a "corner bistro" feel with it. Sophisticated and yet was easy to make, took me around 20 mins from start to finish.

My friend realy dug this, so much so, that I noticed she took all the leftovers home with her done up in my good tupperware :-)


Kudos to Rachael on this one, i have to say, I may have found a new favorite Rachael Ray dish...........

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I found your blog thru the "everything rachel ray" blog roundup....
    I love your concept....

    Just our of curiousity - do you notice that you are spending more on groceries now that you making her meals every night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am spending more starting out, but as I buy in bulk the items she seems to use a lot of I hope maybe it will even out.Plus I used to eat out 3 or 4 times a week, but not anymore, so I am saving money there........have a good day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love RR receipes too! But sometimes she has some weird stuff that I can't seem to find or stuff that I just don't typically have on hand.

    Here is a link to a blog that also did something similar to you - except w/ using the crockpot. She has a really good layout for her daily posts as far as the intro/recipe/verdict.... Might be good for you to check out....
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    Anyways - glad I found your blog!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete