Tuesday, June 16, 2009

South of the Border

Tonight I have to give a shout out to my good friend Karen L. from work, she reads the blog and brought me in a whole bunch of fresh Basil, Parsley and Cilantro today and it turns out, i get to put it to wrok tonight in my Mexican Vegetable Chunk Salad

Ingredients
1/2 seedless cucumber(I just got a cucumber, not real sure about the seedless part)

2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded (got them)

1 green bell pepper, seeded (got them)

1/2 red onion, peeled (got it)

2 ribs celery from the heart(If you are a regular reader, you know I hate celery, so I will not be using this at all, but you can if you want to)

3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley(thank you karen:-)

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar(got it)

1 lime juiced(ok, I bought this and really you could use lemon too or maybe a half o each, it is really up to you)

1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce(alreayd got a bottle)

1/4 cup evoo(got it)

Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper (got it)


Cut cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion and celery(if you must) into bite-sized chunks. Combine vegetable in a bowl. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley over the vegetables. Combine vinegar, lime or lemon juice and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing down over the salad and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve.

The verdict...........I liked this, very refreshing and somewhat filling. I think this would be a good side dish to maybe a veggie burger or cheesebuger to you meat eaters out there. But I liked it as a stand alone dish too.

Have a great evening.

Until tomorrow..............

No comments:

Post a Comment