Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Taste of Home

OK, I know it has been a little bit, but your ever lovin green-eyed chef, was on a date the other evening and ate out. But I am back tonight and since I had a plain old salad for dinner, I decided to make on of Rachael's tasty desserts, so I made Super Stuffed Baked Apples a la Mode!!!!

Ingredients
4 large apples, cored
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup instant oatmeal mix or rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, a healthy grating
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
2 ounces, 1/8 cup, golden raisins, chopped
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or walnut pieces or pecans
1 pint vanilla icecream
Whipped cream, in a canister



Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Sprinkle cored apples with lemon juice. Mix next 7 ingredients and over-stuff apples. Bake 20 minutes in a small oven safe dish. Transfer apples to small bowls with a spoon and top with ice cream and whipped cream.


The Verdict.........well if you are wondering if I liked this, then you did not really pay attention to the ingredients, cause there was nothing in this baby not to love. This was a VERY VERY satisfying dish and one I will make at my next family get together, this just really rocked.

And to my regular readers who wondered what my cats thought.......they liked the ice-cream :-)

Until Tomorrow.............

No comments:

Post a Comment