Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Breakfast in Dublin

Your everloving green-eyed chef could not sleep, so I got up and decided to cook breakfast. Looking over Rachaels offerings, Cream Eggs with Irish Cheese and Chives, caught my eye so I decided to give it a try.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small bits
8 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1/2 pound Cheddar, shredded or diced
12 blades fresh chives, chopped


Heat a medium nonstick pan with butter over medium low heat.

Whisk eggs with cream and salt and pepper. Scramble eggs soft only, stir in cheese and chives and continue to cook a minute more then serve.


The verdict.......I liked these eggs and it only took about 6 mins to make. I am not sure if chedder is a 'irish' cheese, but the eggs were creamy and fluffy and really hit the spot. I had them over toast and it made for a delicious way to start the day. i could also see using sour cream instead of the cream, but that is just me.

As a side note, the cats liked these dish too :-)

Until Tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment