Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soup's On Part Two

Decided to make the second part of a soup and sandwich combo, so today it was Panini with Roasted Peppers. They are a rather healthy, low fat alternative to your average sandwich. Plus I love roasted peppers.

Ingredients
8 slices crusty Italian semolina bread
1 pound fresh or fresh smoked mozzarella, sliced
1 (8 to 10-ounce) container roasted peppers, drained
2 tablespoons green salad olives, sliced with pimientos
EVOO, for brushing


Make 4 sandwiches with the bread, cheese, roasted pepper, and a sprinkling of sliced olives; keep your ingredients in single layers.

Heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat.

Wrap a brick completely in foil.(I did not have a brick, so I used a heavy cast-iron skillet that I have and it worked just fine)

Brush sandwiches on both sides with oil. Place sandwiches on grill and top with the foil wrapped bricks. Use one brick per 2 sandwiches to weight down. Grill weighted sandwiches 3 minutes on each side. Split sandwiches corner to corner and serve.

The Verdict......I liked this sandwich alot, tasty and very easy to prepare, took me about 10 mins. For those who are not into the vegetarian thing, you could also add some canned chicken to this and I think it would be tasty too.

Until Tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment