Monday, November 9, 2009

Quick Creamy Tomato Soup

Well, your green eyed chef has been sick with the flu the last few days, but I am feeling much MUCH better, and needed to make something to eat and nothing makes me feel better when ill then soup. So I made Rachaels Quick Creamy Tomato Soup.

Ingredients
2 (15-ounce) containers, chicken or vegetable stock/broth (I used vegetable)
1 (28-ounce) can concentrated crushed tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
Coarse salt and black pepper
20 leaves fresh basil, cut into chiffonade, for garnish
Soup toppers, for garnish(I used tortilla chips)

Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low. Season with a little salt and pepper and simmer gently 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. With an immersion blender, puree soup. Serve bowls of soup with basil chiffonade and floating soup toppers.

The Verdict..........this was really good, I have not always been a fan of Tomato soup and was not sure going into this, exactly how it would turn out. Luckily, Rachael rarely steers me wrong and just to say again, this was good. I can also say this would go well with grilled cheese sandwiches......or sammy's as Rachael like to say. So enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment