Monday, June 29, 2009

Trip to Greece

What a monday.........I am tired, wornout, just plan beat. I did not have time for lunch so I am looking forward to nights meal which is Greek Salad......I love greek food with a passion........healthy, hearty and tasty..:-)


Ingredients


1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
2 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
Coarse salt and black pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 small shallot, minced
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/3 cup EVOO
12 pepperoncini hot peppers
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 cups Feta Cheese crumbled

Directions
Arrange the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and peppers, artichoke hearts and parsley on a platter. Squeeze the lemon juice over the platter, juicing the fruit cut-side-up to keep the seeds from falling into salad. Season with salt and pepper.

Place shallots, vinegar and oregano in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing over salad. Garnish salad with Feta, hot peppers and olives.

The verdict.........ok, I loved the salad, I enjoyed it with some fresh peta bread. Also I added feta to the dish instead of two cans of tuna as racael does. This was a very refreshing meal and gave me a great burst of energy........this was just the perfect dish for me, after a long day at work.

Until tomorrow.............

No comments:

Post a Comment