Monday, July 13, 2009

The Simple Life

I was not particularly hungry tonight and since i am cooking for one, or three if you count my two cats, I was not wanting to do much tonight. I was in the mood for a more snack like item so I made Herb and Cheese Oven Fries. Normally, fries are not the first or even the 20th thing i would crave, but tonight I was.........maybe it was because it was a hard day at work..........maybe it was because the weather has been rainy........whatever the reason, i was craving fries.

Ingredients
3 large all purpose potatoes cut into thin wedges
2-3 tablespoons EVOO
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or, 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme, parsley(I used the dried oregano, thyme and parsley)
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.

Place potato wedges on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with just enough oil to coat. Season with Italian dried seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast potatoes and turn after 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese liberally on potatoes and roast another 10 minutes, serve.


The Verdict........I loved these bad boys.......easy to make and the herbs and cheese were a fantastic combination..............I dipped these babies in mayonnaise and it was DA BOMB............


Until Tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment