Sunday, August 9, 2009

Living Lean

Not particularly hungry, but i saw this recipe and thought I would try it since it seemed a bit out there when I read the name...........Melon Soup........

Ingredients
2 ripe small to medium cantaloupes
2 rounded tablespoons sugar
1 lime, juiced
1 1/2 cups spring water
2 kiwis, peeled and diced or thinly sliced
1/2 pint raspberries


Cut ends off each cantaloupe and stand upright. Remove skin in strips working around melons. Halve melons and seed with spoon. Chunk melons and place pieces in food processor. You will work in 2 batches. Fill processor 3/4 full. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, the juice of 1/2 lime and about 3/4 cup spring water. Pulse grind them process soup until smooth. Adjust sugar to your taste and pour soup into 2 bowls, repeat process. Top each soup bowl with kiwi and raspberries and serve.


The Verdict..........this was just ok for me. I think it needed something else to make it taste like more then just pureed melon. I will say that the bites that contained some pureed melon, kiwi and raspberries was good, but over all this was not my favorite dish.

Until Tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment