Friday, August 7, 2009

Something for those lazy summer days

Well I have been on vacation the last couple of days and have been through some excitement. Yesterday while driving to the theater, a SUV stuck a overpass pillar and flipped over right in front of me, so I had to quickly stop, called 911 and rushed to the overturn vehicle and got the driver out of the car. She was not seriously hurt, and I left as soon as the police arrived..............missed my movie, but hey, it was not like I could not stop. Today was better, I finally saw my film, 500 Days of Summer, and I really recommend it to all my readers. Anyway, after the film, I was out enjoying the nice weather and just pretty much relaxed the rest of the day and felt I needed something to help me i that endeavor, so I found rachael's recipe for Sparkling Sangria.

Ingredients
1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur, I used Grand Marnier
1/4 cup almond liqueur, I used Disarrono
12 strawberries, sliced
1 pint raspberries
1 bottle sparkling wine, I used a bottle of Ice Wine
4 seedless grapes


Combine liqueurs and fruit in the bottom of a medium pitcher and lightly muddle. Fill pitcher with sparkling wine. Place a single grape in the bottom of each glass. The yeast on the grape skin will help retain some fizz in your drink. Spoon a bit of muddled berry from the pitcher into each Champagne glass then pour in the liquid. Serve immediately. Cheers!


The Verdict............well let's just say, i am still feeling the buzz as I type this out.........easy to make and very very tasty :-)

Until Tomorrow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment