Sunday, July 19, 2009

Here's to New Beginnings

Normally I take whatever recipe is next in line from Rachaels cookbook, but a friend of mine just gave be some yellow squash, so i decided to find a rachael recipe for squash. My friend. karen, keeps me pretty much well stocked in fresh herbs from her own garden and now gave me squash and zucchini. I feel a little bit like one of those old Florentine painters from the 1200's whose paintings has caught the eye of the queen and is given gold to pursue his endeavors. except in my case, i am given herbs and squash...:-)

So tonight it was Sauteed Yellow Squash..........

Ingredients
1 tablespoon EVOO
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 small to medium yellow squash, sliced
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 scallions


Preheat skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, then butter. When butter melts, add red peppers and squash. Saute 12 to 14 minutes until squash is tender. Add salt, pepper and parsley. Add chives or scallions if you would like a layer of light onion flavor on the dish as well.


The Verdict.........This was really delicious.......the combination of flavors from the red pepper and chives really blends well with the squash. I can see making the same dish but with zucchini and I think it would turn out just as good.

The fact that my older cat took one good ig bite before realizing that this was not meat, I will consider a thumbs up from them too.

I think I will make this as a side dish at Thanksgiving now that I am thinking about it.

Until Tomorrow..........

No comments:

Post a Comment