Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time to Recharge

Not to hungry, so i was looking for something light, so Mint and Lime Melon Salad seemed like a great choice......

ingredients

1/2 cup mint jelly

1 lime, juiced

1/4 cup evoo

1 melon, cantaloupe or honey dew, peeled, cut into 8ths and thinly sliced

4 radishes, thinly sliced

1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced

1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced

Salt and pepper

Mint sprigs, for garnish


In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together jelly, lime juice and evoo. Add the melon and veggies and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve with mint sprigs.


The Verdict...........this was really good, I was worried about using mint jelly as I had never used it before. Also when I read the ingredients, I had doubts the flavors would really come together, but the mint pulled them all together. It was really really good. This I might make at my works next food day.

Until Tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment