Saturday, July 11, 2009

Simple Three Course Italian

Going out tonight so I wanted to make myself something light today at lunch, so I picked Mozzarella Salad, I figured this will take care of that lunchtime hunger, but still leave room for dinner and a few drinks for tonight.

Ingredients
16 pieces mozzarella diced
1 pint multi colored, yellow or red heirloom cherry tomatoes
4 scallions, whites and greens, thinly sliced on an angle
1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
1/2 cup thinly sliced basil, 10 to 12 leaves
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup evoo
Salt and pepper


Halve the mozzarella and tomatoes and combine in bowl with scallions and herbs. Dress salad with vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

I used red cherry tomato's, cause that's all I could find.

The Verdict......this was really good, if you are a steady reader of the blog, you are probably not shocked, as I tend to really like salad, greek styled food.

The fresh herbs really make this stand out and I think I will be making this one a ot for large meals that call for a nice side salad......this would also be good I think for picnics.

The cats liked the cheese, so I will call this a success i the cat world too.

Until Tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment