Sunday, July 5, 2009

Welcome to the Family

Well, a friend showed up with takeout, so I wanted to make dessert and decided on the following, Amaretti Ice Cream Dessert. it is a recipe that I saw rachael make a few weeks ago and could not wait to try it out and share it on here.

Ingredients

16 amaretti cookies, crumbled

4 shots amaretto or other almond liqueur

8 scoops French vanilla ice cream

Whipped cream

1/4 cup or 1 (2-ounce) package slivered almonds

Directions

Crumble 4 amaretti cookies into each of 4 dessert cups and douse them with almond liqueur. Top with ice cream, whipped cream and almonds.

The Verdict..........it is fantastic and so easy to make. 10 mins tops, start to finish. Also if you cannot find amaretto cookies, any almond flavored cookie will do. I also used Disaronno as my liqueur of choice, it has a rich and yet subtle flavor I think you will love.

Until tomorrow............

No comments:

Post a Comment